Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WHO SAYS CAPES ARE FOR SUPERHEROES?

IMG_1417-day

cape-day

Fun stuff today. Lots of old paired with some new. My black skinnies (Target, $27), printed chiffon blouse (Ross, $7), and Payless heeled oxfords are reworked with this super cozy, capety (my husband doesn't believe this is a real word - his instincts may be right) sweater, once again pulled from the Sears clearance rack for $10.49. And of course, the infamous topper. Feeling a little Parisian today.

But the best part:

red-cape

IMG_1409

I've been wanting a cape for some time now. Not only because it's something different, but because it's something that is totally functional to wear over thick winter blazers, dolman sleeves and of course, capety sweaters. So, when my mom pulled this beautiful red wool cape out on Sunday, I could feel my face just light up. It is an incredibly well-crafted piece of my grandmother's that my mom brought home for me. I put it on today and felt great. A little superhero maybe, but a lot fabulous definitely.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sweater and cape, so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought with my height(5'3'') I would drown in a cape but you carry it so well,the color is great too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin