Wednesday, June 2, 2010

IN A TIGHT SPOT

6-1-10 1

About 2 seconds before my first snap, my camera lens fell off of my camera and through the slats on the deck.  I was very sad.  After taking my photos, I tried to MacGyver it out, but to no avail.  So, I waited until the meatball got home, and together, we showed that deck who's boss.  Though, I now have a salad tong that may never be the same.

6-1-10 2
6-1-10 3

This outfit is a little cutesy for me, but I really like it.  I think it's the shirt that always makes me feel that way.  It's so soft and breezy, and perfect for summer weather.  So, I guess I can forgive its cutesy-ness for that.

6-1-10 4
6-1-10 5

The sun was sailing in and out of the clouds while I was taking pictures, so the the lighting is different in almost all the shots.  Is anyone else still recovering from the weekend?

6-1-10 6
Top: The Loft, $20 - Pants: org. Gap, B Green Loft, $8 - Sandals: Ross, $11 - Jacket: Thrifted, $2

I thought this last photo was hysterical, so I thought I'd share.  I have no idea what I was doing, but I can promise you, I was not doing the running man pose on purpose.  Even Iggy is aware of the awkwardness!
6-1-10 7

24 comments:

  1. Haha that last shot is hilarious! I hope your camera is OK. What would we bloggers do without our cameras?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those guns! Wow...those are the kind of arms I aim to get (I ever would get back into the gym).

    This is all kinds of hippie chic. I love it. Every element is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness, is right! Love all the summery pieces youre sporting here, especially that jacket!
    Im still recovering with an overdose of coffee from the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful look
    I like your sandal!

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look on you- especially the pants. It's very chic! :)

    BTW- what kind of dog is Iggy? He looks a bit like my pup, scruffy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see cutesy, just straight-up cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, love that last pic! This outfit is great on you. Love the pants and your hair is so cute :)

    flnw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hair like that every single time! And I'm seriously coveting those sandals! I'm glad you were able to get your camera lens out from under the slats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh Ross...I love Ross. I had the best time in the shoe department at the Ross in Philly. We have stores like it in Canada but not quite as cheap as Ross :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top is so ridiculously cute. All my co-workers are shopping at the loft these days and they have the cutest stuff. I'll need to follow in their footsteps soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool outfit!! I really like what you did with your hair! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit. Every piece of it, and it as a whole is soooo cute!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Mimicking your chic bun right now!

    Thanks for being an inspiration!

    Always,
    Stacey Kay
    www.goodwillhuntingg.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this outfit IS really cutesy, but in a good way! i really like how cheerful it is. i think it's the bright pants and very round sunglasses that do it. i've been meaning to find a pair in that shape. ~joelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your hair in this post! So high fashion. Lovely lovely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That first photo made me literally say, out loud, "oh, poor Kyla!"

    Oh, and just FYI, this is a PHENOMENAL color combo on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the color palette here! And your arms are looking particularly fabulous today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That shirt looks really nice on you. :) And omgoodness - that last shot! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know I'me beginning to love that chignon above your head, I must be honest and say I didn't love it the first times I saw it but now I think it looks great on you. Funny pic at the end hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're pictures are always so funny! I love that you have your dog as your modeling partner =).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for fixing the camera. I love your top, hair, and sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm seeing gorgeous sleeveless ruffled shirts everywhere, I must get me a white one to show off my guns :) I love having my broad shoulders and tones arms on show.

    I love this outfit. I also love the story to go along with these photos, and the fact you call your guy Meatball. Never gets old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the cutesie blouse!
    And your hair looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin