Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'M BACK...REALLY, I AM

What an amazing weekend! I haven't had the time to fully process everything, yet. Awesome, AWESOME people, great shopping, yummy food and incredibly generous sponsors!

I got back into town Tuesday night a little after 11pm and was up and at work the next morning before 9. And with my crazy insane week before the conference, I just need a minute to chill. Maybe next week...

Anyway, I'm still getting dressed and looking cute. To prove it, this is what I wore for my first day back.

9-9-09 1

Just because summer is pretty much over, I'm not putting away my maxis. This is my old stand by from Ross ($9) with a tux jacket (Sears, $12.50) thrown over it. I finished the look with boots and a GORGEOUS scarf I picked up at Artists & Flea in Brooklyn.

a & f welcome

Isn't the detail beautiful? I picked it up, tried it on and owned it in less than 60 seconds. Then, I snagged it on my bag in less than 15 minutes. Boooo, sad... Oh, well. Jessica had a good point that once you take the preciousness out of something, you can enjoy it more. True.

9-9-09 3

Some of the highlights of the weekend:
1. My roomies and the incredibly stylish, confident and independent lady bloggers that filled the weekend with such kindness and creativity.
2. Shopping.
3. Goodies.
4. Dinner at Fat Hippo. Oh, and the wine...
5. Meeting the weardrobe crew. So COOL!

There's so much more to share, so stay tuned. I'm getting to it all as fast as I can!

Also, that giveaway I promised is coming up tomorrow. Stay tuned...

7 comments:

  1. awww....*hug.
    I was wondering what happened to you.
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute jacket! I like that you are finding ways to stretch the maxi into late summer/early fall.
    And I'm so glad you had fun at the conference! It sounds like an amazing experience :) Can't wait to hear more about it. I went to NYC for a law school thing, and I felt so empowered getting around the city by myself (at least until I met up with my group).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you had decided to stay in NY....
    lovely scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yes you are back!! I missed your posts. I am so glad you girls had an amazing... all the pictures look fabulous!

    I love this outfit and that scarf is gorgeous!!

    Welcome back!

    xoxo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had so much fun but glad you're back, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this outfit AND this scarf is divine! Peacock feathers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin