Thursday, September 24, 2009

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

In an attempt to savor the last day of 70 degree temps before what looks like a loooong week of chilly rain, I'm going sleeveless for what may be one last time.

9-24-09 1

I'm having a thing for bright blue this week and this tank is no exception.

9-24-09 2

Other than the pop of color, it's a pretty low key concoction of a black sleeveless blazer (Sears, $25), DIYed harem pants, blue tank (Target, $6), snakeskin flats (Madden Girl, $23) and a metallic pewter belt (Gap outlet, $5).

Here's to summer ... I'll miss you :(

P.S. In regards to my all flats all the time pledge, flats can be just as harmful as heels, but I am super picky when I buy and always wear insoles. It makes a HUGE difference!

10 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of the prospect of cool weather coming. This weekend here in CA promises to swelter. I think it sucks- I want rain! I want to wear wool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome pants!!!! Thanks for the tutorial down there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have your dog modelling with you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pants! This is my first time on your blog and absolutely love it!

    I know what you mean about saying farewell to summer, in my case, living in a tropical island one never sees any other season but summer so you must say good riddance to every other season, lol.

    Love your vest, btw!

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love the bright colors. I thought I was saying good-bye to summer this week, after several days of chilly rain, but then today was 80 and sunny?!!?

    Hope springs eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously cool vest! I love its interesting shape!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the DIY pants! Great job! I think rain is headed our way for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pants are so much fun! And I love their loose fit with the tailored vest layered over. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin