Monday, May 4, 2009

CRAPTASTICALNESS

bird

bird-2

I admit there's not a ton of imagination behind today's duds, but there is something classic and Audrey Hepburn-esque about a fine guage crewneck sweater, trousers and flats. I'm also loving the combination of pink and red, despite trying to convince my aunt several, SEVERAL years ago that they don't match. Turns out I was wrong.

I had an awesome weekend at my training thingy and came back all sorts of inspired. But this nasty rainy crap is kind of putting a damper on it. Boo, rain!

I picked up this sweater at Old Navy for $8 (I can NOT resist a bird motif) and paired it up with black trousers (JCP, $18ish) and red patent flats (Ross, $7ish?) which you've seen before.

I'm going for a haircut on Wednesday and I'm very excited! My bangs are taking on a life of their own...

Are you listening to Elvis Costello with me?

5 comments:

  1. I love the pink & red! I've never been brave enough to try it out but it looks absolutely fabulous-- I think I'll have to go for it :)

    undergradfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink & red look great together, esp since you tied it all together with those shoes! And as for Mr. Costello, totally with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a word?? LOL! It's like supercalafragilisticexpialidotious (positive I spelled that wrong)

    You do make pink and red go together :)

    fashionafteforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the Audrey vibe! You look adorable. And OMG, Elvis Costello: awesome! I'm not as familiar with Blood and Chocolate, but I think that my life literally has more meaning because of My Aim is True. I love that you're doing this! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love old navy. Just went shopping there. Passed up on the sweater you have on and now im regretting it! You look rad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin