Saturday, April 25, 2009

JEANS AND A T-SHIRT GIRL

back-to-work

So many times I have adamantly denied being a jeans and t-shirt girl, but after starting this blog, I'm realizing more and more that it is the fall-back uniform for me. So, maybe I need to clarify: jeans and t-shirts rock my world, but only when given some edge.

This outfit was actually from Thursday, the first day back to work after our vacation. It's a Led Zepplin tee (Target, $13), skinnies (JCP, $20), bronze snakeskin ballet flats (JCP, $8) and that same ole' jacket from Goodwill ($2). The result: a jeans and t-shirt combo with an edgy, rocker-girl feel without being high maintenance in the least. Now that I can get on board with!

By the way, it's freakin' GORGEOUS outside, there are THOUSANDS of people tailgating in town right now and I'm stuck inside working, working, working. No fair :(

On the bright side, I had my last physical therapy appointment on Thursday and my back is sooooo much better. I've even managed to squeeze out a few (very brief) runs admidst my walking. Yay! I must say, I've learned a very important lesson about taking care of my back. I'm permanently sitting on an exercise ball at work (since sitting all day long was the biggest culprit) and in case you haven't noticed, I've scaled waaaaay back on the heels. That was a hard pill to swallow, but I'd much rather be pain-free. And it just makes me even MORE creative when it comes to outfits, since I can't rely on super-killer shoes to carry the look.
Sad, but good in the end :)

Enjoy the sunshine, ya'll!

8 comments:

  1. I am also realizing that jeans are definately my go-to. I have to say that you do a better job at getting away from it than I do...and yes I agree that they must be given some edge!
    YAY for your back!!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Danielle

    http://fashionablyalaskan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot live without my jeans (and jeans skirts). They fit everything on top of it. I got peace with it :)

    And I am also working inside, while the sun is shining. The only sunshine I feel is in our half hour lunch break , too less....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your back is better! I do so many exercises and stretches to make sure nothing happens to mine. My bf has problems and thats enough for the both of us. Your outfit rocks! Looks edgy! A dress is my go to item. I love how easy it is to throw on! Have a great day!

    http://latoyas-look-book.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your back is doing better! Like those skinnys. My JCP store does not have them, I checked :( I still need to check the farther JCP store which is a larger store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're lucky that you get to sit on an exercise ball! I have a very bad back and my husband got me an inversion table for our 1 year anniversary. I lay on that thing for about 10 minutes every night, and i credit it SOLEY for my ability to wear heels :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this! Jeans and a t-shirt all the way...

    And I'm TOTALLY loving your music feature!! I was just the other day blasting the Velvet Underground while cleaning the apartment before my mom came to town. Keep posting about that - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the jacket looks sort of like a short trench, it makes the outfit tres chic)))

    annamudrenko.onsugar.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin