Thursday, April 16, 2009

I PREFER THE TERM "FAIR MAIDEN"

Behold, the blinding whiteness ...

wrap-1
wrap-2

I was aghast when I realized just how white my legs really are! They NEVER tan either. It's paste white or beet red. Oh, well!

I had NO idea what I was going to wear this morning and spent way too much time staring vacantly into my closet. I wanted to wear something a little springy to celebrate the sunshine. It's mornings like these that remind me why every women needs a wrap dress in her wardrobe. I found this one at a Gap outlet a few months back for about $15 (if that!). I'm never sure exactly how to accessorize it since it has the ruffly collar and cuffs, but I think I hit a nice note with this. I feel pretty pulled together for the lack of time and pre-planning that went into it.

The earrings are from a local shop ($8), shoes are from Ross a couple years ago ($6 or $7), the bag is Simply Vera for Kohl's ($27) and a vintage scarf from Marnie's (my grandmother) collection - just to add a bit more color.

Today is the last day before vacation day - YAY! But, it's such a chaotic day. Packing and leaving things in order is always stressful enough without the added deadlines at work and home. Too many projects, not enough time. Although, there is something freeing about walking out of the office and letting it all go.

We're set to depart at 7am tomorrow morning on a 5-day road-trip down south to explore a new city. I'm looking forward to the nice weather, beautiful scenery, lots of peace and relaxation with that guy I live with, and a sure to be rockin' Wilco concert! Needless to say, you won't be seeing me around for a few days, but I'll be sure to take lots of pictures to post upon my return. Have a great weekend everyone! I can't wait to catch up with your blogs when I get back!

15 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! I love the pops of red in your lips and shoes. Very sophisticated and sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Have a safe and fun trip. See you when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog, but have enjoyed the tiny peek I've gotten. You seem to have a really fun sense of style! :) I found you from the link on igetdressed.

    Have a great time on your vacation! :) I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! Totally classy-chic. And, pale is IN...you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the outfit. THe dress looks so chic. Have a blast during your vacation. Would see ya( online that is) once you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this outfit! Esp. with the red shoes, very hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so chic, love the red shoes and the pop of colour your scarf gives the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go Girl....the outfit looks great. Love the combination of the blackdress & red shoes. That reminds me that I also should get a pair of red shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I'm not super new to your blog, I dicovered it via jessica's blog, but I wanted to say your looks are fab and your writing is great! Normally, I don't read a blog's whole write-up but your writing intrigues me. Also, please don't be self conscious about your paleness. We pale girls need to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit! I love your bag =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are a beautiful person! I love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for the comments while I was gone! These are hands own some of the nicest compliments you could give a person. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit! You look great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin