Friday, April 3, 2009

BROKEN DOWN TUXEDO

elephant-1
elephant-2
elephant-necklace

It took at least a half hour for me to drag my butt out of bed this morning. Then, I had to remind myself that my owl print PJ pants would not be appropriate for work. I just wasn't feeling the outfit I had laid out to wear today. So, it was back to the drawing board. I just wanted comfy today, that's all. This shirt (The LOFT, sale $20) fit the bill. It's billowy and light, though a tad sheer. So, I threw my sleeveless jacket (Sears, sale $25) over it, along with a pair of flares (TJMaxx, $13) and gold Keds (endless.com, $26). Nothing to write home about, but it definitely has an edgier appeal, as though someone ripped the sleeves off a tuxedo.

My little elephant necklace is just a plastic charm from Michael's ($3) worn on a piece of black ribbon. I have a soft spot in my heart for elephants. My husband has given me stuffed elephants for numerous occasions throughout the years, including a giant hand puppet that held my engagement ring when he proposed. So sweet.

Anywho -- have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Your great necklace reminded me of these:

    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp%3Bjsessionid=1B8EB99AA2EE3C4B0CAC2B3D6A140695.app43-node6?isProduct=true&cross-sell=true&color=sil&navAction=jump&navCount=4&parentid=THERES_ALSO&id=840287

    Which, ironically enough, I just blogged about on my site! (betweenlaundrydays.blogspot.com) There must be something about elephants...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tagged for survey questions. If you haven't been tagged and and want to do it, the rules are listed on my website.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin