Monday, March 9, 2009

TINY (AWKWARD) DANCER

ballet-1

ballet-2

Oh, dear. These are some ridiculous pictures. All those years I spent dancing in my youth and this is the best ballerina I can do. I look like a deranged pit-sniffer. Oh, well. If nothing else, I hope they make you giggle.

Anyway, today has to be a non-denim day because of my part-time gig after my full-time gig. And all I wanted to wear today was jeans. Grr. So, instead, I paired a striped shirt (Old Navy, sale $10) - since we now know that stripes can be paired with lots of different patterns- with this cream crocheted skirt (Target, sale $11ish). I bought this skirt a couple of years ago and it has become waaaay too big for me. I love the fabric so much though, so it has spent the last year in my clothes-to-alter pile, and I finally got so desperate for a springy poufy skirt that I altered it. Once upon a time, the top of the skirt was fitted and then the bottom flared out. But, since I was hungry for a poufier look and was not about to take the time to take in both the crocheted fabric and the lining, I just lopped off the top 4 or 5 inches and added a casing, through which, I laced a sash that I tied in a pretty little bow. I still may end up taking the hem up an inch or two, but we'll see. That can be a slippery slope.

And since my back problem (the root of all of my hip and leg issues and bane of my existence for the last six months) is still on the mend, I kept it simple with a pair of patent ballet flats (JCPenney, sale $8).

Now, I must twirl and swirl my way back to work.

1 comment:

  1. cute! I have this exact skirt that I found at a thrift store and it is too big but it was like $2 so I figured I could do something to it to make it fit... FAB idea!

    oh, and "deranged pit-sniffer" - HA!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin