Thursday, March 26, 2009

HAVING A BALL

Belt-it-out

belt-it-out-2

So, I've been having some back issues lately, caused mostly by the fact that I spend 75% of my life sitting in front of a computer. Add too much running and over stretching on top of that and you've got a lovely little clusterf*** of deeply rooted evil in the base of your spine. Fun... I've been going to PT for a few weeks now, which is very helpful, but the healing process is pretty slow. And patience is not exactly my forte. In addition to laying off the heels for a while, I've decided to replace my desk chair at work with an exercise ball. It's full of bouncy goodness and allows my butt the freedom to roll around to hit different sit points. The downfall is that every time I get up and walk away, my "chair" rolls halfway across the room. Oopsie!

Anyway, I digress...once again.

Today's outfit is a direct result of more digging around in the back of my closet. At 12:30 in the morning. I can't imagine why I'm tired. But, I think it was worth it. I bought this gauzy little number on clearance last year at Old Navy for like $10. And even though I swore off tights two days ago, I really wanted to wear a dress today, so I bit the bullet and pulled them out again. I tried to give the flowy dress more structure and sharpness by adding the black boots (Kohl's, $16) and gray belt (vintage, mom's closet). Yes, I think I like it.

6 comments:

  1. I give you credit for staying on that thing. IF it was me, my ankles would end up in the air a majority of the time! From a kidney stone back in Dec, I still have extra padding on the back of my office chair (pillow from home). Hope you get back to 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your back feels better so we can see those lovely heels you have again :) (although I do like your flats too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor back.
    I love the dress. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this dress on you! Seriously, one of my fav outfits of yours, and that's saying something, because I ALWAYS like what you wear!
    (I'll confess I'm the deleter if that drives you crazy wondering, I forgot to change to my fashion blog name, I like to keep my very public fashion blog and personal life separate!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress, I would never have thought to pair it with all black and tall boots, but I really like it! I struggle with having to match everything, colors and syles....I am hoping the new blog will help be me more courageous with my fashion choices.
    Thanks,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to toss the tights too but it's still too chilly. It'll be the first real sign of spring when you see my knees.
    The outfit is cute. The sweetness of the dress looks good contrasted against the tights and boots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin