Friday, January 16, 2009

FRIGID FRIDAY


In honor of the brisk temperatures rolling through Happy Valley (morning commute: 2 degrees), I'm going a little cold-weather themed today. I'm feeling a little Western ski bunny, like I should be snuggled up on a big cozy couch next to a roaring fire, sipping hot chocolate in a ski lodge somewhere in Utah. While I would much rather be in that Utah ski resort, it was just work as usual today. A nice soft sweater (Target $15), thick ponte knit skinny pants (NY & Co., $30ish), and my trusty Target boots that I loved when I saw them for regular price and wanted to marry when I nabbed them for half off!

The jewelry is the really special part of today. I made the earrings with turquoise and amber chips picked up a few years ago at a local bead store. The ring is one of my FAVORITE pieces! My mom made it as a college graduation present. We got the turquoise from a store in Albuquerque, NM during a cross-country road trip. It's truly one of a kind.

Hopefully, things will warm up soon. Looking forward to some fun this weekend. Happy (FRIGID) Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin