Monday, May 24, 2010

RAMBLINGS OF A MONDAY AFTERNOON

Iiiiiiiiit's MONDAY!

Exciting week this week, guys!  I'm super stoked!

1.  Today, I started training for a 10K.  I've been running regularly, but needed a little focus.  Nothing a good training schedule can't fix.  I'll be doing a 7 week training program and running the race on July 11.  It's sure to be hot as balls, and I will hate every minute of it, but I'm gonna do it, dammit!  And I'm going out for pancakes after.  First up this morning?  The long run ... 6 miles.  I haven't pushed myself to do that distance in a long time, and I still ran every step of it.  I feel AWESOME!

2.  Ready for this?  John and I are officially consumer debt free!  (Sorry to those of you who thought I was going to say pregnant.  Hehe.)  Anyway, we paid off our credit card on Friday!  Now, onto the car, mortgage and student loans.  Blech!  I will say, though - seeing progress makes all of the other stuff seem manageable!  We've come a long way, baby!

3.  Something really, really exciting is happening this week.  BUT, you'll have to wait...

4.  It's going to be sunny and warm ALL week!  Man, this day just keeps getting better and better!

5.  I bought a pair of shoes this weekend that make me insanely happy. Believe it or not, they're wedges!  They have such a small rise that I think I'll be able to painlessly get away with them at least once a week.

What's your week hold?

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, taking on a 10K huh? I will enjoying hearing your journey as you get there!! I had started training for a 10k last spring when I suffered stress fractures. Boo... but now, after back surgery I am just getting back into running and hope by next spring I will once again be able to look at a 10k!!

    Congrats on the credit card, huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You? Wedges? I've got to see this!

    This week is the week before the last week of school! Summer vacation starts June3rd which means that I am counting the seconds this week that will lead me to next week.

    Confused yet?? Oh and I am wearing outfit today that is so up your alley...Hopefully I will get to snap some pics of it before I rip my clothes off:) I'll link you in the post if I get it up.

    (I may steal one of your pics from your blog for reference:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay dear blogger!
    How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

    Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
    You can also join my GIVEAWAY!
    Love, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are full of good news lady, congrats! this is the way to start a week. i can't wait to hear how the 10k goes- i've been running some races lately too. it sure isn't fun in the heat, but the feeling of accomplishment is great. ~joelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you for the 10K and the getting out of consumer debt. Woo hoo!

    Can't wait to see the wedges you picked up.

    My week is pretty exciting: last official day of school/work for the summer, and my birthday on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this post. I could just feel the excitement :)

    I'm so happy for all of your happiness.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin