Thursday, May 6, 2010

DRAG QUEEN?

5-6-10 1
5-6-10 2

We were running behind this morning, so I gave John the car and decided that I would just walk home from work this afternoon.  It's only a mile, so no biggie.  Unfortunately, it's along one of the main thoroughfares in town.  And ... it was ridiculously windy!.  Do you have any idea how much drag a floor length jersey skirt creates?  It was like pulling an ox behind me.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad, but I assure you, it was no kind of fun.

5-6-10 3
5-6-10 4

I really like this outfit in theory, and I even rather like the photos.  But in real life, I'm just feeling a little vanilla about it.  I think it comes with the ebb and flow of personal style that I've talked about before.  It seems like whenever I have a few personal favorite outfits in a row, I inevitably hit a point where nothing is going to live up to what I've been doing.   Am I talking nonsense or do you know what I mean?

One thing that is wowing me today is the jewelry.  The necklace is simply awesome and was picked up by my mom at a consignment shop.  I've had it for months and for some reason, this is it's first venture out on the town.  I love it so much, too!  And this ring seems to be its perfect companion (that I forgot to put back on before taking pictures - oops).

5-6-10 5

This week seems to be crawling a bit.  Maybe because I've been so busy.  I've got some great projects going - now, it's time to get paid!

And on a completely unrelated note, is anybody else completely stoked for the season premiere of The Tim Riggins Show Friday Night Lights tomorrow night?  Every time I see the preview, I just want to squeal like a little girl! Clear eyes, full heart can't lose!

5-6-10 6
Shirt: H&M, $25 - Skirt: Target, $15ish (last year) - Sandals: Ross, $9 - Necklace: Gift - Ring: Charlotte Russe, $4

18 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, love the skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is amazing! i am experiencing envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt looks great on you. The top looks great with it. Your hair looks so pretty loose and wavy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfection, Kyla, seriously. The maxi skirt is so perfect, and the off-the-shoulder look is just a bit sexy. I couldn't love this any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! I'd never thought of it, but can imagine a floor-length jersey skirt being quite a drag in a high wind. Nevertheless, I ADORE this ensemble. I love that you rock the long skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually heart this outfit on you Kyla. This is no kinda "oh I'm in a rut" outfit. It's actually sexy if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're filming at Texas State University right now. My friend goes there and has been stalking. She was even asked to be an extra!

    I'm very very very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so funny because I think this is one of my favorite outfits on you! I love the flowiness. That skirt (I think it's actually a dress, right?) is amazing on you. But I do know exactly what you mean about there inevitably being an outfit that falls short.

    flnw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt...it looks so incredibly comfy. I want to see it paired with a linen blazer...or have you done that already?

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY, Tim Riggins! And Eric Taylor! I'm bootlegging that business of the interwebs as soon as someone puts it up. Seriously, where is my Real Life Rigging? RLR: my dream!

    On to other topics. I definitely know what you mean about loving a string of outfits, feeling really great in them, and then being bummed about something that just doesn't live up (or at least not excited about it). What I really love about your blog and your style, though, is that you take chances with your clothes and really make an effort not to get stuck in a rut. So I love that you wore this, even though it didn't wow you. And you look bloody awesome. So sexy in a slouchy, beachy way. So, even if you aren't wowed, I think most of us are, both by this outfit and your constant sense of style adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you catch air with that skirt walking home? hehe
    So, I nearly bought a skirt like that last year because you wore it so nicely but it had some maja panty lines... the search will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this outfit! Also, your hair looks extra gorgeous in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love LOVE love LOVE this outfit on you. Gorgeous! Pulled together yet comfortable. Chic and glamorous!!!
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At first I thought, "why is the post titled drag queen?" For a moment I was expecting to happen upon you in platform shoes, teased up hair, and eyeshadow up to your eyebrows. As fun as that would have been to see, I love this outfit even though it has some drag to it :) I wish I had an over-sized to knot up like that. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loooove the long and loose look. I wish I could pull it off, but I'm so short I look like I'm playing dress up. Haha. Looks amazing on you, though. Pretty hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your outfit, even if you feel a tad vanilla towards it! It has a really cool, groovy vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have on a search for a long jersey skirt like that for a month now and have been unable to find one that I like. I love yours. I about to give up and just figure out how to make one myself.

    your knotted H&M top gave me an idea on how to wear one of mine over a long tank dress.

    Perfect spring look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL, I was thinking more "grecian goddess" than drag queen. But I love your sense of humor :) Love this flowy, fun outfit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin