Monday, March 8, 2010

RAMBLINGS OF A MONDAY AFTERNOON

Just another manic Monday...

1.  I'm working on my one "day off."  I know, right?

2.  I made some ridiculously yummy chili last night.  I totally made it up and didn't measure a thing!  Crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, 2 can diced tomatoes, 1 can each of garbanzo beans, black beans, kidney beans, and white beans, chili powder, cumin, curry, 3 mushroom veggie burgers (smushed up into tiny pieces) and some brown sugar and sweetener/sugar.  Threw it all in the crock pot and cooked it 'til it was hot.  And, baby ... it was hot!

3.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Academy Awards last night.  It's probably one of my most favorite nights of television ever!

4.  It's in the fifties today!  And yesterday!  And for the rest of the week!  Yeeeeeehaw!

5.  We took Iggy to the pet store to get Greenies this weekend.  Those things are like crack for little dogs.  It's unbelievable what he'll do for one!

Thanks to Internal Sequin Issues and The Ocean in your Bedroom for the blog awards!

8 comments:

  1. Totally know the feeling of cooking without measuring and it all turning out good :) It's like "ha, i dont need you cups and spoons" :p
    I didn't watch all of it because it was broadcast so late here, but i heard Avatar didn't win. So that made me a bit eh about it all. I'm glad best supporting actor went to Christoph Waltz; we only watched Inglourious Basterds on the weekend.. he was amazing.

    Yay for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? I was bored for a majority of th awards but for some reason I kept watching? Ben Stiller and Robert Downey were funny. I'm so glad andra won (even though I haven't seen the Blind Side yet) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to try your chili! It sounds soooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool, someone else who does not measure a thing either :) the best meals, I swear :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made the same kind of chili! It's was on Hungry-girl.com I think and it ended up being my lunch:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chili recipe sounds delicious and amazing. I'm a sucker for all kinds of chili so I might have to try yours out sometime!

    I also loved the Academy Awards ceremony -- I thought some of the wins were unsurprising, since most of the categories seemed already decided, but I loved Steve Martin's jokes and Neil Patrick Harris' opening song.

    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great song!

    Your chili sounds delicious. The Man and I love cooking together after work. A glass of wine, a little jazz floating through the air. I am definitely going to suggest this recipe. The perfect compliment to the predicted "Squally Showers" (I know, right? What?) for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our pseudo dog loves Greenies too. She eats them in about a minute flat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin