Friday, January 15, 2010

SUPPORT

Hey, guys!  I just wanted to spread the word about an awesome fundraiser that a very awesome blogger lady is doing.  If you haven't seen the ride necklaces that Linda is making and selling to raise money for cancer research, then you must go here now.



And while we're on the topic of supporting those suffering in the world, please help Haiti by donating to the American Red Cross.  I thought it was really cool that RueLaLa.com halted all of its online boutiques until tomorrow morning and instead, sent an email to all members, encouraging them to donate to the disaster in Haiti.  It's so refreshing to come across a socially-conscience company.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the GREAT info Kyla. Now I have a bit of info for you. Sher has some information about Project Runway and Bluefly that you may find interesting on her blog. You know I am not into fashion but it sure sounds like something you would like.

    See ya tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I donated yesterday to Doctor's Without Borders, and I also thought that was really cool of RueLaLa.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this Kyla!
    My workplace sent out a mass email about Haiti and everyone in the company pitched it to help as well as I did.
    But cancer is still a huge killer too, and it's important to remember all the other causes out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear my necklace all the time, it looks really cool jumbled with lots of other charms and it feels better knowing you supported cancer research.
    When something like the disaster in Haiti happens, that's when it hits me how superficial a fashion blog is... but it also makes me thankful for the blessings I have that let me waste time on fashion.
    Thanks for the thoughtful post!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to add that if people don't feel they have the spare cash to donate, it would be an awesome idea to donate blood instead! It's free, doesn't take too long, and even though it can be sort've uncomfortable, it's super rewarding. At a time like this, the Red Cross could really use more volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That necklace is gorgeous.

    Thanks for spreading the word about Haiti.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin