Today has pretty much been a perfect 10, and it went something like this:
1. I went to bed at 9:30 last night! I wasn't sick or anything, I was just tired and being unproductive and eating to stay awake. One thought about how nice it would be to feel really well rested, and I couldn't resist dragging my sorry butt to bed. Eleven hours later, I woke up - and it was glorious!
2. I went to Goodwill this morning and bought 2 pairs of wool trousers (stay tuned for some awesome DIYing) and a vintage little boy's white Wrangler shirt with snaps and pointy pockets and everything. My three purchases, plus a $1 donation to Goodwill came to a grand total of $1.87. Yay for red tags today!
While there, I saw some serious crazy. I don't know what was going on, but the place was jumpin' with a whole lotta insane folk. Though, the fact that I was standing outside waiting for the doors to open (new hours = a later opening and I didn't know) may make me just as crazy. Whatever ... I got deals!
3. I got to take an awesome run outside in the unseasonably warm 50* weather in January! It was a little rainy, but enjoyable none the less.
4. My dad recently got a new job and was in the area today on business. We got to meet for a lovely chat over tea and butter cookies. Sounds so proper, doesn't it? It was a quick visit, but always nice to catch up.
5. I got mail today! My little brother sent us a letter from basic training. It was awesome.
This may not sound like the a perfect 10 to you, but for me, it's just an awesome day when I get to relax, be productive and enjoy some peace and quiet every now and again.