Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ANTONY and the JOHNSONS

This week's music pick is a little late with our long, long weekend and all. I've been given Antony and the Johnsons The Crying Light to listen to this week. I've heard the album before in passing, but this is the first time I've sat down to listen to it all the way through.

It's definitely extremely mellow with a very different sound. While I think that it is incredibly beautiful, it's probably not something I would pick up and listen to regularly. But I'm enjoying th exposure none the less. Any Antony fans out there? I'd love to hear your opinions!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'll have to give it a listen.
    It sounds like just what I've been looking for.

    Thank you.

    Robin
    http://threadbearthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I majorly heart me some Antony! "I am a bird now" is also a pretty good album, so you should give it a listen if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin