Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ANKLE SANDALOOTIES

iggy-over

crochet-back

I am not on the leash - that is Iggy, only he had wandered off for this shot.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood today and I busted out an outfit that I had posted on my memory board last week. Totally lovin' it! I feel very modern, but laid back and kind of bad ass to boot.

Sportin' my Gap cargos ($25ish, last summer) with a crochet-back tank (Target, $7ish, last summer) and those awesome "ankle sandalooties" (hehe) I picked up last week (Steve Madden via Ross, $16). BTW I still have a pair of size 8's (worn once) up for grabs. Drop me a line if you're interested.

I kept the accessories pretty simple with this long chain and yellow bauble necklace from Kohl's (Simply Vera on sale with coupon, $11). I added a couple extra chains to toughen it up a bit.

A few of you asked for some tips on wearing walking shorts like the ones I wore yesterday. Good news: you don't have to be tall to wear them. I'm 5'3". The trick is the length. Just because they are shorts doesn't mean that you don't sometimes have to hem them. They are most flattering when they hit just at the knee - elongating even. It's also best to keep the fit closer to your body. I'm not talking spandex bike shorts here, just close enough to show your shape. The wider they are, the shorter you'll look in comparison. They're great with heels, but I usually end up wearing them with flats or an equally pulled together look.

So, go try on a pair and let me know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. I love that attitude you have in that 2nd pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with fell4fashion! And your outfit is rocking . . . as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these summery outfits you've been wearing lately! And I also am lovin' the outdoor photos...I feel like I've been needing a change of scenery myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely look! Great shades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so relaxed & tough!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is one of my favorite posts so far. The outfit is awesome. The pictures AWESOME! You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I think I'll go try on a pair now and be brave!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin